Carla Vista Sober Living knows and understands the importance of education in today’s world in order to be successful. We at Carla Vista give our residents the opportunity to be a full time student while living in our homes, due to the fact that we believe in higher education.
According to Los Angeles Times, students who drop out become five times more likely to use cocaine, three times more likely to use methamphetamines, and twice as likely to use LSD as well as doubling their weekly alcohol consumption. These statistics prove that keeping students in education creates a safer, more successful environment for them.
Carla Vista Sober Living is dedicated to helping keep our youth sober and drug free, and we are offering a scholarship in order to do so. We believe in the importance of education for the future of our world. Carla Vista understands the struggles of paying for a four year college degree and desires to make these costs more manageable.
Carla Vista Sober Living will be awarding two students a grant of $250 to assist in paying for education fees such as text books, tuition or other fees students deal with. The two students will be chosen based upon our criteria for who we see best fit to receive our scholarship.
The first student to be awarded will be a high school senior attending a four year university in the fall, and the second awarded to a current university student.
The scholarships will be awarded to the student who can best describe importance of abstinence from drugs in eight hundred words or less, who also fits into the following criteria:
To be considered please-Email your essay to email@example.com | Subject line “Scholarship Application”
CRITERIA FOR RECOGNITION
- A student graduating high school and attending a four year university this fall OR
- A full time student enrolled in at least 12 credits per semester in good academic standing
- A student who remains drug and alcohol free
DETAILS OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Two $250 scholarships will be awarded to by Carla Vista Sober Living to the applicant we feel is the best fit
- Submission deadline is August 1, 2017 for students attending university in Fall, and December 1, 2017 for those attending in Spring